1. Miami Dolphins- Jake Long OT Michigan
2. St Louis Rams- Glen Dorsey DT LSU
3. Atlanta Falcons- Matt Ryan QB Boston College
4. Oakland Raiders- Darren Mcfadden RB Arkansas
5. Kansas City- Chris Long DE Virginia
6. New York Jets- Vernon Gholston DE Ohio St
7. New England Patriots- Brandan Albert OT Virginia
8. Baltimore Ravens- Leodis Mcklevin CB Troy
9. Cincinnatti Bengals- Sedrick Ellis DT USC
10. New Orleans Saints- Keith Rivers LB USC
11. Buffalo Bills- Mike Jenkins CB South Florida
12. Denver Broncos- Chris Williams OT Vanderbilt
13. Carolina Panthers- Derrick Harvey DE Florida
14. Chicago Bears- Jeff Otah OT Pittsburgh
15. Detroit Lions- Rashard Mendenhall RB Illinois
16. Arizona Cardinals- Aqib Talib CB Kansas
17. Minnesota Vikings- Ryan Clady OT Boise St
18. Houston Texans- Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie CB Tennessee St
19. Philadelphia Eagles- Kentwan Balmer DT North Carolina
20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Devin Thomas WR Michigan ST
21. Washington Redskins- Phillip Merling DE Clemson
22. Dallas Cowboys- Felix Jones RB Arkansas
23. Pittsburgh Steelers- Gosder Cherlious OT Boston College
24. Tennessee Titans- Limas Sweed WR Texas
25. Seattle Seahawks- Dustin Keller TE Purdue
26. Jacksonville Jaguars- Calais Campbell DE Miami
27. San Diego Chargers- Jonathon Stewart RB Oregon
28. Dallas Cowboys- Brandon Flowers CB Virginia Tech
29. San Francisco 49ers- Desean Jackson WR California
30. Green Bay Packers- Dan Conner LB Penn St
31. New England Patriots- Forfeited
32. New York Giants- Kenny Phillips S Miami
Monday, April 21, 2008
Rochester 7 Scranton 4
Rochester 7 Scranton 4
- POG: Jason Pridie- Jason continued his strong resurgence for the Red Wings with a game winning 3 run Hr in the top of the 9th to culminate a good comeback for the Wings. Jason has been very solid lately to bring his average to .274. Yesterday he went 1-4 with the hr 3 rbi's and 2 runs scored.
- Philip Humber continues to struggle on the mound for the Wings giving up 4 runs in 5 innings of work. I know people are wondering if Francisco Liriano should of been brought up, but who else could they of brought up Humber has not done enough at Rochester to warrant a recall with an era of 5.09. At the time Liriano was the only one who could of been recalled. Yesterday Humber gave up 4 runs in which 3 were earned in 5 innings with 4 walks and a strikeout. Thankfully the Wings offense and bullpen bailed him out he really needs to step it up if he wants to be with the Twins sometime this year.
- Jose Morales continues his hot streak going 1-4 with his first hr of the year and continuing his resurgence.
- Tonight, the Red Wings finish their 2 game series vs the Yankees in Scranton. First pitch is at 6:00pm with Glen Perkins getting the start.
New Britain Business
New Britain 5 Trenton F/12innings
- POG: Brock Peterson- I was struggling to who to give the player of the game honors to yesterday considering it was a well played game. But with the pressure on his shoulders Brock Peterson came up big. He had a 2 out rbi single in the bottom of the 12th to send the faithful home happy. He was 1-5 with that rbi to win a game the Rock Cats had to have after coughing up a 9th inning lead the prime time players need to step up and thats what Brock did.
- Another good start for Ryan Mullins he went 6 innings and gave up 3 runs, but only 1 of them were earned to lower his era to 1.57. I really believe that Ryan is ready to take the next step and try his hand up at AAA in Rochester. He has been dominant at New Britain and i think he has deserved a chance to see if he is ready to take the next step. Keeping him with the Rock Cats is not a bad deal it will help the team win games, but i think his talent would be better served in Rochester.
- I have been really disappointed in Jay Sawatski this year he has given up leads left and right and he did it again yesterday. Putting the first 2 guys on in the 9th which led to Trenton tying the game. He needs to get this fixed because right now he is just not very good.
- Tonight, the Rock Cats start a 3 game series with Reading in New Britain. Game time is at 5:35pm with Phenom Anthony Swarzak getting the start.
Fort Myers Musings
Fort Myers 6 Lakeland 2
- POG: Danny Valencia- Danny came out of his slump with a 2-4 night with his 3rd homerun of the year and 3 rbi's to raise his average to .246. Danny is too talented of a player to be hitting in the .230's. I have a lot of hope for Danny as he is going forward and i think this is just the beginning of his revival and by the end of the year Danny will be putting up the kind of numbers he had last season in Beloit and Fort Myers
- Jeff Manship had a very solid outing probably his best of the year to be honest. He went 5.2 innnings and gave up only 2 runs on 6 hits. He is a key to success of the Miracle pitching staff becuase he brings leadership and a guy that knows how to pitch so hopefully he can keep it going.
- Brian Dinkelman continued his hot streak going 2-2 with 3 walks and 2 runs scored. With the good day it raised his average to an unbelivable .351. All i can say is wow and hopefully he can keep it going.
- Tonight, the Miracle continue their series with the flying Tigers in Fort Myers. Gametime is 6:05 with Twins pitcher Kevin Slowey making a rehab start for the miracle.
Wisconsin 4 Beloit 3
- POG: Ramon Santana- There is not alot to get excited about with the Snappers as they dropped another one to fall 8 games back already. But Ramon Santana continues to fill the box score every game. Yesterday he went 2-3 with a stolen base, a double, a run scored, and his first hr and rbi of the season.
- Another quality start by Michael Mccardel who has been the most consistant starter for the Snappers. Yesterday he went 5 innings and only gave up 1 run.
- For a 6-11 team with every positive there will be 2 negatives but the biggest negative is the bullpen or should i say lack of bullpen. Yesterday Mccardell left with a 3-1 lead and hoping to get a win. But in the last 4 innings the bullpen gave up 3 runs and 3 hits along with 3 walks to yank a victory away.
- Tonight the Snappers begin a series with the Tigers in West Michigan. Michael Tarsi gets the start for the Snappers with gametime at 5:35pm.