- The Twins had yesterday off and will continue their road trip with a three game series in Detroit. The pitching matchup is Francisco Liriano for the Twins facing off against Justin Verlander of the Tigers. Gametime is at 6:10pm at Comerica Park in Detroit. The Twins are trying to continue their franchise record for consecutive series won to start a season as they have won six straight series and will attempt to this week to win their seventh straight series.
Rochester 9 (7-11) Syracuse 6
- The Red Wings salvaged the last game of the series against Syracuse in a much better playeed game than the final score would indicate with a 9-6 victory in Syracuse to win 1 out of four in the series. Jeff Manship got the start and he was good in this one. Manship went six innings and gave up three runs on eight hits along with two walks and two strikeouts to raise his era on the year to 3.48 and even up his win-loss record on the year to 2-2. Jose Lugo then came on and got hit again as he only got one out while giving up a run on three hits to bring his era up to 9.90. Matt Fox followed and went 2/3 of an inning with a walk to lower his era on the year to 2.13. Next up was Kyle Waldrop who did not have a very good day as he went one inning and gave up two runs on two hits along with a walk and a strikeout to raise his era on the year to 2.02. Anthony Slama finished the game and picked up his fifth save of the year pitching a perfect ninth along with a strikeout to lower his era on the year to 1.35.
- The Red Wings offense carried the team in this one as they scored nine runs on 13 hits along with drawing three walks in the victory. The Red Wings were led by Danny Valencia who is breaking out of a early season slump going 4-5 at the plate with his fourth and fifth doubles of the year and his sixth rbi to bring his average up to .246. Dustin Martin went 3-5 at the plate with two rbi's to bring season total up to 11 and his average up to .314. Matt Tolbert went 2-5 at the plate with his third double and first triple of the year along with his second rbi to bring his average up to .246 on the year. Brian Dinkelman went 2-5 at the plate to bring his average up to .286. Wilson Ramos went 1-5 at the plate with his 3rd homerun and two rbi's to bring his season total up to 6. Brock Peterson went 1-2 at the plate along with two walks and his 2nd homerun of the year and two rbi's to bring his season total up to 9.
- Tonight, the Red Wings go home and begin a series with Lehigh Valley as Yoslan Herrera is scheduled to pitch for Rochester. Gametime is at 5:35 at Frontier Field in Rochester as the Red Wings try to make it two in a row.
New Britain Business
- The Rockcats had their game with Richmond rained out last night and will make it up as part of a doubleheader today. The starting pitchers in todays games are Mike Mccardell and Tyler Robertson. The first game begins at 4:05 with the second beginning about a half an our later.
Fort Myers Minutes
Palm Beach 8 Fort Myers 4 (5-12)
- The Miracle suffered a heartbreaking loss as they blew a 4-0 lead and then a 4-1 lead going into the 7th inning to lose once again. The bright spot of not only the night, but also the season has got to be the improvement and excellence from Bobby Lanigan. Lanigan continued his excellent stuff by going five innings and only giving up an unearned run on four hits along with one walk and six strikeouts to lower his era on the year to a miniscule 0.81 as he has only given up two earned runs in over 22 innings of work so far this season for the Miracle. Matt Williams then came on and was not very effective as he gave up three runs on three hits including two homeruns along with three strikeouts in two innings of work to raise his era up to 3.72. Shooter Hunt then came in and did some good, but ultimately he will look at this as a negative outing. In his first two innings of work Hunt only gave up one hit along with two strikeouts so you think thats a great outing right. Well he went out for a third inning and got tatooed in that inning as he gave up four runs on five hits. In all Hunt went three innings and gave up four runs on six hits along with three strikeouts to take the loss and move his record to 0-1 and raise his era to 6.35. However, the thing that impresses me is he has not walked a batter in 8 innings spanning three outings and that was his real problem so if he can continue not to walk people he will be just fine.
- The Miracle jumped all over Palm Beach pitching in the first inning scoring all four of their runs and you thought this is the night they are going to break out of their hitting slump. However, that is all they got and in all scored four runs on 10 hits along with taking three walks. The Miracle were led by Ramon Santana in this one as he went 2-3 with his fifth double and his sixth rbi to bring his average up to .211. The newest member of the Miracle Jonathon Goncalves went 2-4 at teh plate with his first double of the year. Chris Hermann went 2-5 at the plate to bring his average up to .294 on the year. Deibinson Romero went 1-4 at the plate with his first triple and first two rbi's of the year. Nick Romero went 1-4 at the plate with his first homerun and third rbi of the year. Yangervis Solarte and Michael Harrington each contributed a base hit in the losing cause.
- Tonight, the Miracle begin a series in Jupiter as Brad Tippett is scheduled to pitch for Fort Myers. Gametime is at 6:05 in Jupiter.
Beloit 6 (11-7) Burlington 4
- The Snappers had quite the game with Burlington last night that was delayed by rain and then had some late inning heroics in the Snappers 6-4 win against Burlington last night. The Snappers found themselves down 3-1 going into the eighth inning and were able to score two runs in the eighth inning to tie the game. However, Burlington scored a run in bottom of the eighth to take a 4-3 lead. You would think the game would be over and against some Snapper teams you would be right, but not this one as they would not be denied scoring three runs in the top of the ninth to pick up the 6-4 victory. Miguel Munoz got the start for the Snappers and was good going six innings and giving up three runs on four hits along witha walk and eight strikeouts to raise his era to 2.75. Dakota Watts then came on and pitched one shutout inning along with a hit and a walk to lower his era to 2.25. Matthew Tone then came on and pitched 2/3 and allowed one run on no hits along with three walks and a strikeout to raise his era to 4.35. Kane Holbrooks then came on and got one out along with a hit to pick his 2nd win of the year. Steve Blevins finished the game with a perfect ninth with one strikeout to lower his era to 1.08.
- The Snappers in this one took advantage of every opprotunity they had as they put up six runs on nine hits along with taking four walks. The Snappers were led by Angel Morales who went 2-3 at the plate with his fifth double along with a walk and two stolen bases and scoring the tying run in the ninth inning. Aaron Hicks continued his torrid streak going 2-4 at the plate along with a walk and a stolen base to bring his average up to .283. Danny Rams went 1-3 at the plate with his eighth double of the year. Josmil Pinto went 1-4 with his third double of the year along with driving in Angel Morales to tie the score in the ninth inning. Anderson Hidalgo, James Beresford, and Wang Wei Lin each contributed a hit in the winning cause for the Snappers.
- Tonight, the Snappers continue their series with Burlington as Brad Stillings is scheduled to pitch for Beloit. Gametime is at 6:30 in Burlington.