11-14 3.5 games back
- The Twins had a much needed day off and begin a short 2 game series with the Chicago White Sox in Minneapolis tonight. Gametime is at 7:11pm with Boof Bonser getting the start against Gavin Floyd.
Pawtucket 8 Rochester 6
Rochester 12-13 4.5 games back
- POG:Jason Pridie- Jason continued his hot streak going 3-5 on the night with a run scored for the Red Wings. With the 3 hits it raised Jason's average to .295 on the season. He got off to a slow start but has gotten a hit in 13 of his last 14 games. In his last 10 games he is hitting .311 with a homer and 6rbi's. I have to admit i was not sold on him when we got him and was really not sold on him when he got off to a slow start but he has shown he belongs and might have a spot with the Twins before long.
- Kevin Mulvey had his first rough start of the year and man was it rough. He only lasted 4.2 innings and gave up 7 runs on 9 hits to raise his era to 3.21. I know it was a rough outing but im not worried he was bound to run into a bad game and lets see how he rebounds from it that is the key.
- Darnell Mcdonald continued his power surge with a grand slam and 4 rbi's to bring his totals up to 2hr and 10 rbi's. I know he doesnt have much of a major league future but he is a good minor leaguer that every minor league needs to have players like him.
- Tonight, the Red Wings continue their series with Pawtucket in Rochester. Gametime is at 5:35pm with Brian Duensing getting the start for the Red Wings
New Britain Business
10-12 6.5 games back
- The Rock Cats had a day off yesterday and tonight they begin a series with the Mets in Binghamton. Gametime is at 5:35pm with Oswaldo Sosa getting the start for the Rock Cats.
Fort Myers Musings
Fort Myers 4 Lakeland 3
Fort Myers 14-11 First Place
- POG:Danny Valencia- Danny helped the Miracle break out of a 4 game losing streak and avoid a sweep at the hands of Lakeland. Danny went 2-4 at the plate including the 3 run double that tied the game as the Miracle came back from a 3-0 8th inning deficit to pull it out. With the 2 hits it raised his average to .284 and brought his rbi's up to 18 on the year. Danny was in a little bit of a slump but he came out of it in a big way to help the Miracle get a big win.
- Tyler Robertson was solid on the mound going 6 innings and giving up 2 runs on 5 hits to lower his era to 2.84 on the season.
- Toby Gardenhire was promoted to New Britain before the game to help out with injuries up there and i believe im not 100% sure on this but i think Daniel Berg was activated off the disabled list to take his spot.
- Tonight the Miracle begin a series with Clearwater in Fort Myers. Gametime is at 6pm with Alex Burnett getting the start for the Miracle.
South Bend 7 Beloit 1
Beloit 8-16 9.5 games back
- POG:Steve Singelton- In a game without alot of good things happening for the Snappers Steve's rbi triple was one of the few things that you can look at as a positive sign. With the triple his average is now at a good .368 and his rbi total is at 12. Steve is the most consistant player on this Snappers ballclub you know every game out he is going to get a hit or 2 for you and play good defense.
- Brian Kirwan had his 1st rough outing of the year going 4.1 innings and giving up 5 earned runs on 8 hits to raise his era to 3.71. He has been the most consistant pitcher on the staff so hopefully he can rebound from this.
- The Snappers made some roster moves before the game and the biggest was promoting 2007 first round pick Ben Revere to the Snappers. Also being promoted was pitchers Santos Arias and Bradley Tippett. To make room for the players they put Deibinson Romero and Mike Mccardell on the disabled list and releasing relief pitcher Dominique Rodgers. It will be interesting to see how much Revere plays and how he does for the Snappers and see if he stays with the team or if it is a short term thing.
- Tonight the Snappers continue their series with South Bend in Beloit. Gametime is at 6:35 with Steven Hirschfeld joining the rotation to take the place of Mccardell who is on the disabled list.