I will be continuing my top 50 prospect list with prospects 21-30. Let me know what you think.
21. Jose Mijares- He has all the talent in the world. He did not start off on the right foot by showing up to spring training out of shape. I think he will start the season in AAA but by the beginning of may will be up to stay and by the end of year will be dominant.
2009: start season in AAA and move up to Twins in May.
22. David Winfree- I know there are some doubters because of the high strikeout totals and low batting average. However, the thing that you can't deny is he drives in runs at a high rate. Last year he drove in 87 runs and hit 19 homeruns. He is 23 years old so now is the time for him to cut down on the strikeouts and pick the average up.
2009: Start season in AA and get promoted to AAA midseason.
23. Rob Delaney- He really took a big step up last year and made people think that he is the closer of the Future for the Twins. Joe Nathan has 3 years left on his contract and when thats up it might be time for Delaney to take his spot. In the meantime I think he will start the season closing for New Britain, then at midseason go up to Rochester and be a September callup for the Twins.
2009: Start out in AA, then AAA, and finally the Twins
24. Anthony Slama- Another guy that I think has huge upside in the Twins bullpen. The only downside to him is he is a little old for his level. Slama is 25 years old and never been above high A. I look for him to start the year in Fort Myers and move up to New Britain when Delaney moves to Rochester. He will be a good setup guy for the Twins next year.
2009: Start off in AA and move up to AAA midseason
25. David Bromberg- He has a big time arm who struggled a bit last year with Beloit going 9-10 with a 4.44 era. The reason people are so excited about him is he struck out a organization record 169 batters in only 150 innings. If he can keep striking out batters and get better command he will fly up the charts.
2009: Starter for Fort Myers
26. Erik Lis- Basically he is a hitting machine. He really doesn't have a position so he grades out as a DH. He hit 36 doubles last year along with 11 homeruns. He hit .277 so he needs to keep hitting to put up with the no position.
2009: DH at New Britain
27. Alex Burnett- I was really impressed with the season that Alex put up at Fort Myers last year. Going into the season I was not real impressed with him and I have to admit he outdid my expectations. He went 8-6 with a 3.77 era for Fort Myers. I don't think he has huge upside but he is a decent prospect.
2009: Starter for Fort Myers
28. Jason Pridie- He is in the wrong organization. Jason put up solid numbers in AAA but with all the outfield depth he probably will never get the chance he deserves. Last year Jason hit .303 for the season and is a very good defensive outfielder. To get the chance he will probably have to do it elsewhere.
2009: Centerfielder for Rochester
29. Dan Osterbrook- He was very impressive last year at Elizabethton. He was named Appalacian league pitcher of the year. He doesn't throw hard but gets alot of strikeouts. He is ready for a new challenge so i think he will start the season at Beloit.
2009: Starter for Beloit
30. Brian Dinkelman- I really like this kid I think he has alot of upside. He put together a very good first half at Fort Myers and then got promoted to New Britain and struggled. I was not really surprised by it, because its a big adjustment. Towards the end of the year he got better and theres no reason to believe that he can't have a big year for the Rockcats this year.
2009: 2nd base for New Britain