- The Twins had yesterday off before beginning a series tonight against the Pittsburgh Pirates as Glen Perkins makes his return to the Twins rotation and gets the start for the Twins.
Rochester 4 Columbus 2
- The Red Wings snapped a tough 3 game losing streak last night with a hard fought 4-2 victory over Columbus. Jason Jones got the start for the Red Wings last night and finally had a good start after a bad stretch of games. Jones went 6.1 shutout innings on only 7 hits along with 1 walk and 1 strikeout to lower his era to 6.30 on the year and picked up his 2nd win along with 5 losses. Jason Jones has not been very good this year and I was ready to give up on him and about the trade that sent Charles Nolte to the Yankees. The Red Wings really need to get these kind of starts out of Jones because they don't have very good starting pitching so they need Jones to do his part and give them good pitching. Juan Morillo then came into the game and gave up a run on 2 hits along with 1 walk and 2 strikeouts in 1.1 innings to raise his era to 3.42. Rob Delaney then came on to pick up the save by going 1.1 innings where he gave up a run and 2 hits along with a strikeout to raise his era to 5.40. Delaney will have his struggles, but he will have way more good outings then games he struggles and will be with the Twins sometime in the next couple of years.
- The Red Wings really got their offense going in a good way after struggling offensively as of late. Brock Peterson was the hitting hero in this one by going 3-4 with his 7th rbi of the year and brought his average up to .226 on the year. Peterson has really picked it up as of late and has saw his playing time increase because of that. In the month of June Brock is hitting .367 in 9 games for the Wings. If Brock can keep it up and contribute to the Wings offense that will really make a difference. David Winfree went 2-4 with his 16th double of the year. Matt Macri went 1-4 with his 6th homerun of the year along with 2 rbi's to bring his total up to 21. Jason Pridie and Steve Tolleson each doubled in the game. For Pridie it was his 11th and Tolleson's 7th of the year.
- Tonight, the Red Wings continue their series with Columbus as staff ace Kevin Mulvey gets the start for Rochester.
New Britain Business
- The Rockcats had the day off and begin a series with Altoona tonight with Jay Rainville getting the start for New Britain.
Fort Myers Minutes
Dunedin 2 Fort Myers 1
- The Miracle lost their season high 3rd straight game was a tough 2-1 loss as the Miracle had a 1-0 lead going into the bottom of the 9th and couldn't hold the lead. The pitching was not the problem as David Bromberg got the start for the Miracle. Bromberg went 6.1 innings and did not give up a run on only 3 hits along with 4 walks and 5 strikeouts to lower his era down to 2.22 on the year. Bromberg probably has been the best pitcher on the staff this season and that included Carlos Gutierrez. The only problem is he walks to many batters because when he throws strikes he is impossible to hit. When he is off it is because his control is lacking not because people are hitting him. If Bromberg can throw strikes he is probably the best pitching prospect in the organization. Spencer Steedley then came on and gave up a run on 2 hits in 1.2 innings of work to raise his incredible era to 0.86. Blair Erickson picked up the loss going 2/3 of an inning and giving up an unearned run thanks to a Chris Parmalee error. Erickson saw his record drop to 0-2 on the season.
- Offensively, the Miracle continued their hitting slump as they were only able to score 1 run on only 4 hits. Steve Singelton was the hitting star of the game as he went 2-4 with his 3rd homerun of the year and his 25th rbi along with his 11th double of the year. Chris Cates added his 2nd triple of the year for the Miracle. Deibinson Romero added a single in the losing cause for the Miracle last night to bring his average to .227.
- Tonight, the Miracle try to break out of their 3 game losing streak as they send Tyler Robertson to the mound for Fort Myers.
Clinton 10 Beloit 5
- The Snappers suffered a tough 10-5 loss to Clinton last night as they saw a 5-2 lead disinterigate in the late innings. Brad Tippett was probably the only pitcher last night that did his job. Tippett went 6 solid innings giving up 2 runs on 5 hits along with 5 strikeouts to lower his era to 3.15 on the year. Tippett has been the most consistant starter on the Snappers staff as the Snappers have looked for consistant pitching Tippett has given the Snappers a chance to win just about every time out. Curtis Leavitt then came in and in a word was awful. Leavitt did not get an out and gave up 4 runs on 3 hits along with a walk to raise his era to 12.10 on the year. I am not going to get on him because Leavitt has really struggled since coming off the DL so hopefully he is healthy and can get it going in the second half. Bruce Pugh then came on and was not much better giving up 3 runs on 1 hit along with 3 walks and 2 strikeouts in 2.1 innings of work. Blake Martin then came on to get the last 2 outs, but not before walking 3 batters and striking out 1. The big problem with the pitching last night was the walks as the Snappers walked 7 last night in the last 3 innings which is not good enough on any night.
- The Snappers continued their recent offensive streak as they scored 5 runs on 10 hits. James Beresford, Ramon Santana, Ozzie Lewis, and Juan Richardson each had 2 hits to pace the Snappers. Santana added 2 rbi's to bring his season total up to a team high 29. Ozzie Lewis added his 11th double of the year and increased his average up to .296 on the year. Dominic De La Osa added his 5th double of the year and increased his average up to .211 and had 2 rbi's to bring his total up to 13. Angel Morales also added a single in the losing cause last night.
- Tonight, the Snappers continue their series with Clinton as new member of the starting staff Michael Tarsi gets the start for the Snappers.