Thursday, July 17, 2008
2. Ben Revere
3. Deolis Guerra
4. Shooter Hunt
5. Aaron Hicks
6. Danny Valencia
7. Jeff Manship
8. Carlos Gutierrez
9. Anthony Slama
10. Luke Hughes
11. Trevor Plouffe
12. Denard Span
13. Brian Duensing
14. Anthony Swarzak
15. Kevin Mulvey
16. Wilson Ramos
17. Chris Parmalee
18. Angel Morales
19. Mike Mccardell
20. Cole Devries
21. Steve Tolleson
22. Alex Burnett
23. Santos Arias
24. Tyler Ladendorf
25. Philip Humber
26. David Bromberg
27. Erik Lis
28. Jon Waltenbury
29. Brian Dinkelman
30. Joe Benson
31. Rob Delaney
32. Dustin Martin
33. Brandon Roberts
34. Brock Peterson
35. Rene Tosoni
36. Edward Ovalle
37. Michael Harrington
38. Steve Singelton
39. Dan Osterbrock
40. Deibinson Romero
41. Danny Rams
42. Jay Rainville
43. Juan Portes
44. Brad Tippet
45. Mike Tarsi
46. Daniel Ortiz
47. Alex Curry
48. Alex Soto
49. Steve Singelton
50. Reggie Williams
Saturday, July 5, 2008
1. Tyler Robertson
2. Deolis Guerra
3. Ben Revere
4. Danny Valencia
5. Kevin Mulvey
6. Jeff Manship
7. Luke Hughes
8. Aaron Hicks
9. Anthony Slama
10. Mike Mccardell
11. Jon Waltenbury
12. Brian Duensing
13. Shooter Hunt
14. Trevor Plouffe
15. Carlos Gutierrez
16. Deibinson Romero
17. Angel Morales
18. Cole Devries
19. Santos Arias
21. Anthony Swarzak
23. Ryan Mullins
24. Alex Burnett
25. Chris Parmalee
Twins 12 Cleveland 3
Twins 48-38 1.0 games back
- POG: Delmon Young- Delmon had probably his best day of the season by going 3-5 with 4 rbi's and his 3rd homerun of the season. With the 3 hits it raised his average to a good .289 on the season. Also the 4 Rbi's brought his season total up to 33. Delmon got off to a slow start but this homestand he has really come on hitting .422 with 2 homeruns, which is what we have been waiting to see. I have been saying it all year that his numbers will be fine and at the end of the year he will put up comparable numbers that he did last year with 10-15 homerun and around 90 rbi's which is exactly what we need out of him.
- The Twins had a great game as they defeated the Indians 12-3 last night. Livan Hernandez was shaky like usual but he made it 6 innings and only gave up 3 runs for his 4th consecutive quality start. Twins pitchers have now had quality starts in 16 of the last 19 games. Offensivly there were plenty of heros as the Twins pounded out 15 hits and 12 runs. They were led by Delmon Young and Nick Punto, yes that Nick Punto. Between the 2 of them they went 5-9 with 2 homeruns and 8 rbi's. Justin Mourneau went 2-3 with his 16th and 17th doubles of the year.
- Tonight, the Twins try to extend their winning streak to 4 games at the Metrodome against the Indians. Gametime is at 6:10 with Kevin Slowey getting the start for the Twins.
Rochester 8 Buffalo 1
Rochester 42-48 15.0 games back
- POG: Trevor Plouffe- Trevor had probably his best night of the season since his callup to Rochester. He went 3-5 with his 3rd homerun of the season for the Red Wings. He also had his 4th double and his 12th rbi of the year. Trevor improved his average with the 3 hits to .244 on the year. Trevor has really started to pick it up as of late and has become a solid contributer for the Red Wings my only question is what is his position any more. I thought we had found our shortstop of the future, but since he went up to Rochester he has hardly played short mostly 3rd or 2nd. Makes me wonder does he not have the range to play ss at the major league level or what. Because if doesn't play SS the Twins are kind of weak at SS in the system so they may have to go outside the organization to find a SS.
- The Redwings won their 3rd consecutive game and 2nd consecutive against Buffalo as they went ahead of them in the standings. Brian Duensing had his best start in a while going 6 shutout innings to pick up his 5th win of the year. Offensively they were led by Trevor Plouffe and Howie Clark. Plouffe went 3-5 with his 3rd homerun and Clark went 4-4 with 3 rbi's.
- Tonight, the Redwings try to extend their winning streak to 4 games as they finish up their series with Buffalo going for the sweep. Gametime is at 6:05 with Francisco Liriano getting the start for the Redwings.
New Britain Business
New Britain 5 Connecticut 3
New Britain 36-49 15.5 games back
- POG: Brock Peterson- Brock had his best start in quite a while yesterday going 3-4 with his 8th and 9th homeruns of the year. With the 3 hits it raised his average to .257 and picked up his 46th and 47th rbi's of the year. Brock has been up and down all year and has not been as consistant as I expected him to be and that along with the good year of Randy Ruiz has kept Brock in AA so im hoping for a good second half from Brock to possibly starting next season up in Rochester.
- The Rockcats broke a 4 game losing streak with a 5-3 win versus Connecticut. Jeff Manship got the start and was very strong going 7 innings and only giving up 2 runs to lower his era to 3.91 for the season. Offensively, they were led by Brock Peterson who went 3-4 with 2 homeruns and Luke Hughes who hit his 15th homerun of the year.
- Tonight, the Rockcats continue their series with Connecticut in New Britain. Gametime is at 6:05 with Kyle Aselton getting the start for the Rockcats.
Fort Myers Musings
Fort Myers 2 Lakeland 1 14 innings
- POG: Cole Devries- Cole continued the unbeliveable pitching by the Miracle pitching staff by going 6 shutout innings and only giving up 3 hits along with a walk and 6 strikeouts. With the no runs it lowered Cole's era to 2.59 on the season. Cole has been really amazing the last couple months and has put himself back on the prospect list because going into the season alot of people did not think too highly of him and with the season he has put together he should be considered for a promotion to New Britain.
- The Miracle continued their hot streak by winning their 7th consecutive game. Cole Devries went the first 6 innings, but this game went on forever. 14 innings to be exact before Eddie Ovalle hit home Steve Singelton for the game winning run. Ovalle was the hitting star going 2-6 with his 7th homerun and his 42nd and 43rd rbi's.
- The big thing as of late is the Fort Myers pitching staff. Here is a stat I have never seen anything even close to and that is in the last 42 innings the Miracle pitchers have only given up 2 runs. Yes thats right only 2 runs.
- Tonight, the Miracle continue their series with Lakeland in Lakeland. Gametime is at 5pm with Alex Burnett getting the start for the Miracle.
Clinton 4 Beloit 0
Beloit 10-6 1.0 games back
- POG: Jeanfred Brito- Brito has really asserted himself since his call up from E-town. Last night he went 1-4 with his 3rd stolen base of the season. Brito has brought some life to a lifeless Beloit team right now with Revere limping along with Benson and Parmalee out with injuries. It will be interesting to see if he can keep it up ie. Revere.
- The Snappers have had alot of success against Clinton early in the second half, but Clinton is a playoff team for a reason and they found that out last night in a 4-0 loss. Mike Mccardell was not as sharp as he had been as of late going 7 innings and giving up 4 runs to take the loss. Offensively, the Snappers were not able to get anything going against the Clinton pitching staff only able to muster 3 hits in the loss.
- Tonight, the Snappers begin a 3 game series with Wisconsin in Wisconsin. Gametime is at 7pm with David Bromberg getting the start for the Snappers.
E-town 5 Bristol 4 11innings
E-town 14-4 First Place
- POG: Shooter Hunt- Twins 1st round pick Shooter Hunt made his professional start last night and man was it impressive. Shooter went 3 innings and did not allow a hit and struck out 6 batters to get his career started. Shooter could not of asked for a better way to start his Twins career than how he did it. I look for him to skyrocket through the Twins system because he is very refined as a prospect. Before the season is up I look for Shooter to be up in Fort Myers.
- The Twins themselves had a long game last night needed 11 innings to beat Bristol. Shooter Hunt got his first professional start and was very good for 3 innings. Offensively, they were led by Angel Morales who went 3-5 with his 4th homerun of the year to put the Twins on top in the 11th inning. Also Juan Richardson and Dominic De La Osa each had 2 hits to pace the Twins attack
- Tonight, the Twins continue their series with Bristol in Bristol. Gametime is at 6:00pm with Dan Osterbrock getting the start for the Twins
Friday, July 4, 2008
Twins 47-38 2.0 games back
- The Twins had yesterday off before beginning a 3 game weekend series with the Indians at the Metrodome. Gametime is at 6:10 with Livan Hernandez getting the start for the Twins vs Paul Byrd of the Indians.
Rochester 7 Buffalo 6 13 innings
Rochester 41-48 15 games back
- POG: Kevin Mulvey- Kevin had his finest start in quite a while last night. He went 7 innings and only gave up 2 runs on 5 hits along with 2 walks and 5 strikeouts. With the 2 runs Kevin lowered his era to 3.94 on the season. Kevin made a really good start and it was a start that he needed for his confidence because in June he had a 4.05era. I really believe that Kevin's best days are ahead of him and he put in a big start last night that will come a long way to getting him back on track.
- Trevor Plouffe had a game winning homerun in the top of 13th to bail out the bullpen. Kevin Mulvey handed the Red Wings bullpen a 6-2 9th inning lead and it took 4 pitchers to get through the inning and before they knew it the score was 6-6. That why it was such a big homerun by Plouffe on 2 fronts. First it got them a win in a game they had to win because if they had blown this one it would of destroyed any momentum the Red Wings had gotten. Secondly, Trevor needed that for his confidence because since his promotion he has really struggled only hitting .219 and hopefully a game like that will help him get going.
- Tonight, the Red Wings continue their series with Buffalo in Rochester. Gametime is at 6:05 with Brian Duensing getting the start.
New Britain Business
Reading 6 New Britain 2
New Britain 35-49 15.5 games back
- POG: Brian Dinkelman- Brian had his finest day since his promotion to New Britain by going 2-4 with a run scored. With the 2 hits it brings Brian's New Britain average up to .218 on the season. Brian has really struggled to get going at New Britain I don't think it is something to get worried about, but it is something that you should keep an eye on, but I think he is too good of a hitter for him not to hit and I think in Time he will hit like we are used to seeing out of him.
- The Rockcats continue to struggle as of late as they lost again. The Rockcats have now lost 12 of their last 15 games. Just like usual the bad part was the pitching as Yohan Pino gave up 5 runs in only 3.1 innings. The hitters were not much better as they were only able to get 5 hits off Reading pitcher and former Twins farmhand J.D. "The Real Deal" Durbin. The only bright spots were Felix Molina picked up his 2nd triple and Toby Gardenhire picked up his 8th rbi of the year.
- Today, the Rockcats begin a 4 game series with Connecticut in New Britain. Gametime is at 3:05 with Jeff Manship getting the start for the Rockcats.
Fort Myers Musings
Fort Myers 2 Tampa 1
Fort Myers 8-6 1.5 games back
- POG: Matt Fox- Matt continued the phenomenal pitching by the Fort Myers starters as of late going 7 innings and only giving up 1 run on 3 hits along with 1bb and 3 strikeouts. Matt has really taken off since the Miracle put him in the starting rotation after the All-Star game. With the 1 run allowed he lowered his era to 3.65 on the season and picked up his 4th win of the year. I really think that Matt is going to continue to pitch this good and will help the Miracle in their charge to a FSL title.
- The Miracle won a very close and hard fought game 2-1 over Tampa Bay. Matt Fox pitched very good going 7 innings and only giving up a run. Oswaldo Sosa and Anthony Slama pitched 2 shutout innings to protect the tight 1 run lead. His 1 run that he allowed in the 6th inning broke an unbelievable stretch. Fort Myers pitchers had gone 24 consecutive innings without giving up a run. I don't know about you but that is amazing and should not be taken lightly. Offensively they were led by Eli Tintor who went 3-3 with his 3rd homerun of the year along with 2 rbi's and a run scored.
- Today, the Miracle begin a 3 game series with Lakeland in Lakeland. Gametime is at 4pm with Jay Rainville getting the start for the Miracle.
Clinton 7 Beloit 2
Beloit 10-5 First Place
- POG: Michael Tarsi- Michael had his best start in quite a while last night as he held a good Clinton team in check. Mike went 7 innings and only gave up 2 runs on 8 hits along with a season high 11 strikeouts along with 1 walk. Mike really needed a start like this because in June he was awful going 1-2 with a 5.86era. With the 2 runs allowed last night he lowered his era to 5.48 and I think this will really help his confidence level and get him back on track.
- The Snappers had their 2 game winning streak halted by Clinton last night 7-2. Mike Tarsi put together a very nice start giving up only 2 runs in 7 innings but Loek Van Mil gave up 4 runs in only a inning and a third to get the loss. At the plate they were not able to get much going but were led by Jeanfred Brito, newly up from E-town who went 3-5 with his first rbi and his 2nd stolen base.
- Tonight, the Snappers continue their series with Clinton in Beloit. Gametime is at 7pm with Mike Mccardell getting the start for the Snappers
Greeneville 3 Elizabethton 0
E-town 13-4 first place
- POG: Brad Tippett- Brad continued his strong start of the season by pitching 7 strong innings and only giving up 2 runs on 5 hits along with 5 strikeouts. With the 2 runs allowed he lowered his era to 2.25 on the season. I think Brad is ready for a callup to Beloit again after some good starts for E-town.
- The Twins had their 5 game winning streak snapped with a 3-0 loss to Greenville. Brad Tippett had another good start going 7 innings and only giving up 2 runs. However, the Snappers could not get anything going as they could only muster 4 hits against Greenville pitcher. The only one who did anything was Michael Harrington who went 1-4 with his 3rd double of the season.
- Tonight, the Twins try to get back on track as they take on Bristol in Bristol. Gametime is at 6:00 with Dan Osterbrock getting the start for the Twins
12. Brian Duensing- 4-8 4.25era 18 starts 106inn, 104 hits, 22 walks, 62 strikeouts, .254oba
13. Trevor Plouffe- .257 77-300 20 doubles, 4 triples, 5 homeruns 32rbi's, .306obp, .400 slug, .706ops
14. Jeff Manship- 8-5 3.14era 16 starts, 1 complete game, 94.2inn, 85 hits, 23 walks, 82 strikeouts, .237oba
15. Cole Devries- 6-6 2.77era 14 starts, 84.1 innings, 87 hits, 22 walks, 59 strikeouts, .265oba
16. Deibinson Romero- .243 26-107 2hr 14rbi's, 7 doubles, 1triple, .276obp, .383 slug, .659ops
17. Angel Morales- .340 17-50 3hr 9rbi, 3 doubles, 1triple, .389obp, .620 slug, 1.009ops
18. Philip Humber- 4-7 6.00era 15 starts, 72 inn, 90 hits, 33 walks, 50 strikeouts, .307oba
19. Santos Arias- 4-3 2.70era 12 starts, 1 complete game, 73.1inn, 66 hits, 15 walks, 58 strikeouts, .238oba
20. Tyler Ladendorf- .200 8-40 0homeruns 2 rbi's, 2 doubles, 1 triple, 2 stolen bases, .304obp, .300 slug, .604ops
* I did not add anyone who hasn't appeared in a game yet or has not signed yet. IE: Shooter Hunt, Carlos Gutierrez
Thursday, July 3, 2008
Pitcher of the Month: Kevin Slowey- Kevin had an outstanding month and am here eating crow and he is better than i thought he was. For the month Kevin went 4-2 with a 3.06era in 6starts. He pitched 47inn and only walked 3 batters while striking out 38 batters. He also held opponents to a .241 batting average. Previous: Nick Blackburn
Hitter of the Month: Jason Kubel- Jason had a phenomenal month and he is far outperforming the expectations I had for him. In June he hit .329 with 6 homeruns and 15rbi's along with 3 doubles and 2 triples. He had a .427obp and a .671 slugging for a 1.098ops. Previous: Justin Mourneau
Pitcher of the Month: Francisco Liriano- The Red Wings did not really have much for good pitching for the month, but Francisco had a decent month and deserves the award. Liriano went 5-0 with a 3.93 era in 6 June starts. He pitched 36.2 innings and walked 8 and struck out a good 38 batters in June. Previous: Francisco Liriano
Hitter of the Month: Randy Ruiz- Randy continued his recent resurgence for the Red Wings by having his best month of the year. In June Randy hit .360 with 8 homeruns and 22rbi's. He also had 7 doubles and a triple. For the month he had a .437obp, and a awesome .658slug for a great 1.094ops. Randy has really turned the corner and if there is any kind of injury to Justin Mourneau or Jason Kubel it would not bother me at all to see him get the call to the Twins.
Pitcher of the Month: Ben Julianel- Ben had an ok month, but as you can see New Britain did not pitch good at all for the month so there was limited choices to pick from. Lets not take away from Ben's month of June because it was very solid. Ben went 1-0 with a 3.31era. In 13 games he recorded 5 saves to bring his total on the season to 15. In 16.1 innings he only walked 4 batters and struck out 22. He also held batters to a .284oba. Previous: Jay Rainville
Hitter of the Month: Drew Butera- Drew really came alive in the month of June to claim this award. In June Drew hit .308 with a homerun and 10rbi's along with 8 doubles to help the Rockcats. He had a .378obs, along with a .477 slugging, for a ops of .855. They are not awesome numbers but I saw the most improvement of anybody from May to June in Drew and that is why he got the award. Previous: Steve Tolleson
Pitcher of the Month: Cole Devries- Cole had a phenomenal month of June that is probably the best of anybody in the whole organization. In 4 June starts Cole went 2-2 with a tiny 0.69era. In 26 innings he only walked 7 and struck out 18. He also held opponents to a .217oba. Cole is often overshadowed in that good Fort Myers rotation, but he should not take a back seat to anybody and if he can continue it I expect a promotion to New Britain before the year is out. Previous: Cole Devries
Hitter of the Month: Whit Robbins- With the promotions that the Miracle had of Valencia and Dinkelman they were looking for more offense and Whit really stepped up in June. He hit .323 with no homeruns and 8 rbi's in the month. He also had 2 doubles and a triple to pace the Miracle attack. He had a .371obp and a .387 slug for a .759ops which is not great but he was the best of the bunch. I was most impressed with his .323 batting average and hopefully he can get back from his injury to help the Miracle try to win the 2nd half title to go along with the 1st half title. Previous: Danny Valencia
Pitcher of the Month: Mike Mccardell- Mike really turned it on in June and showed why the Twins are so high on him and why he probably won't make the season for the Snappers. In June Mike went 4-0 with a 2.45era in 5 june starts. In 36.2 innings Mike only walked 3 batters and struck out a very good 32 batters. He also limited the opposition to a .213oba. Mike has really turned the corner and I think if he can make 3 or 4 more good starts like this he will be in Fort Myers before he knows it. Previous: Dan Berlind
Hitter of the Month: Ben Revere- Surprise Surprise Ben wins the award for the 2nd straight month and it seems like he is getting better and better even though teams you would think would start to figure him out. In June Ben hit a even .400 with no homeruns and 7rbi's along with 2 doubles and 2 triples and 10 stolen bases in 11 attempts. He had an unbelievable .481obp along with a .486 slugging for a very good .967 ops for the month. Ben just doesnt seem to slow down and I think a promotion to Fort Myers will be in the cards for him when some of his injured teammates for the Snappers return. Previous: Ben Revere
Twins Organization Pitcher and Hitter of the Month
Pitcher: Mike Mccardell
Hitter: Randy Ruiz
Everyone let me know what you think of my thoughts
1. Tyler Robertson P Fort Myers- 5-2 2.75era 14starts 1 complete game, 78.2inn, 73hits, 28bb 72strikeouts.
2. Deolis Guerra P Fort Myers- 8-4 4.32era 15starts 1 complete game, 83.1inn, 80hits, 39bb 46strikeouts
3. Ben Revere CF Beloit- .407avg 85-209 13 doubles, 8triples 1Hr 28rbi, 25sb, .459obp, 560slug, 1.018ops
4. Danny Valencia 3b New Britain- .310avg 84-271 2odoubles, 3triples, 5Hr 47rbi .381obp, .461slug, .842ops.
5. Kevin Mulvey P Rochester- 3-7 4.06era 16starts 82inn 88hits, 30bb 72strikeouts
6. Jeff Manship P New Britain- 8-5 3.14era 16starts 1 complete game, 94.2innings, 85hits, 23bb 82strikeouts
7. Luke Hughes 2b New Britain- .343avg 72-210 10doubles, 3triples, 14Hr 35rbi, .414obp, .619slug, 1.033ops.
8. Anthony Slama RP Fort Myers- 3-0 0.41era 30games 16saves, 43.2inn, 25hits, 12bb, 75strikeouts, .162oba
9. Mike Mccardell SP Beloit- 5-1 2.88era 11starts, 1complete game, 68.2inn 58 hits, 15walks, 68strikeout
10. Jon Waltenbury DH Elizabethton- .387 24-62 8doubles, 2triples, 2Hr 12rbi, .457obp, 677slug, 1.135ops.
There is my top 10 I will be doing the same thing for my next 10 tommorrow. Let me know what you think
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Detroit 5 Minnesota 4
Minnesota 45-38 2.5 games back
- POG: Glen Perkins- Glen had is 2nd outstanding start agains the start in as many starts against them this season. Last night Glen gave the Twins a good chance to win with a quality start. Glen went 6.1 innings and only gave up 2 runs on 7 hits while walking 1 and striking out a season high 7. With the 2 runs allowed he lowered his era to a very respectable 4.31 on the season. Glen has been really solid this season giving up 3 runs or less in 10 of his 12 starts with the Twins. I really like Glen he has proven he belongs with the Twins and has developed into a very good starter for the Twins and seems to be getting better and better every start.
- Denard Span made his return to the Twins and he did not disappoint as he showed why the Twins are so high on him. Denard went 2-4 with an rbi and a brilliant catch in the outfield to prevent a big inning in the first inning. With the 2 hits it raised Denard's average to .286 on the season. The Rbi was his 3rd of the season for the Twins. As many of you know im a big Denard Span supporter and im so glad that he is getting the chance to show what he can do at the major league level. Is he as good as Carlos Gomez no, but i think Denard will be a very solid major leaguer for a good 10 years and i don't think you will see him in Rochester again.
- The Twins bullpen imploded last night giving up a 4-1 7th inning lead. They gave up 4 runs on 5 hits in 2.1 innings. The worst of the bunch were Jesse Crain and Matt Guerrier. But honestly im not too worried about them because the bullpen has been a team strength all season long and if the situation happens again tonight they will get the job done.
- Tonight, the Twins try to get back on track as they play the Tigers in game 2 of their series at the metrodome. Gametime is at 7:10 with Scott Baker getting the start for the Twins vs Nate Robertson for the Tigers.
Rochester 2 Leigh Valley 1
Rochester 39-47 15.0 games back
- POG: Francisco Liriano- Francisco Liriano had by far his best start of the season last night in a win versus Leigh Valley. Liriano went 7 strong innings and not giving up any runs on only 4 hits. He walked only 1 and struck out a season high 9. With the Win Liriano improved his record to 5-2 on the season and has won 5 straight decisions. With the no runs he lowered his ERA to 4.07 on the season. Franchise is getting better and better as the season goes on and last night was by far his best start of the season. It was the first time all year he went over 100 pitches so that means he is feeling good and he only had 1 3 ball count which was his only walk. The question is when is the right time to bring Liriano up because he is very close to being ready. I would say if he can make 2 starts as dominant as this he will be ready and the Twins will have to find a way to make room for him.
- The Redwings were not able to muster much against Leigh Valley as they only recorded 3 hits on the night. They were led by Randy Ruiz who hit a rbi double for the redwings to give them all the runs they would need. The Redwings really havent been able to muster much offense lately and unless they come out of it they wont win many games in the second half especially with Casilla, Buscher, and Span probably not coming back.
- Bobby Korecky has really struggled as of late as he almost blew the lead for the Red Wings. In his 1 inning of work he gave up 2 hits and a run and barely were able to hang on for the save. Bobby is too good of a pitcher to pitch like he has as of late and i think he will turn things around and be the pitcher we all know he can be.
- Tonight, the Red Wings finish their short 2 game series with Leigh Valley in Rochester. Gametime is at 6:05 with Philip Humber getting the start for the Red Wings.
New Britain Business
Reading 13 New Britain 8
New Britain 35-46 14.5 games back
- POG: Brian Dinkelman- Brian had his best game since his promotion going 2-5 with an rbi for the Rockcats. With the 2 hits it raised his average to a still bad .213 on the season. With the rbi it raised his total to 3 since his promotion. I think Brian is starting to come around at the plate he is too good of a hitter to toil in the low .200's. I look for him to get better and better and by the end of the year i look for him to be one of the best hitters on the New Britain team.
- Ryan Mullins had a rough game yesterday as he gave up 7 runs on 9 hits in only 4 innings of work. With the 7 runs allowed it brought his ERa up to 3.84 on the season. I dont look for his start to lead to anything he has had a pretty good year and i look for him to rebound from it.
- Even though they lost the game the good thing about it was that the bats came alive as they scored 8 runs on 12 hits. They were led by Brian Dinkelman, Toby Gardenhire and Drew Butera who each had 2 hits to pace the Rockcats. It will be key for the Rockcats to continue like this if they are going to get back in the race.
- Tonight, the Rockcats continue their series with Reading in Reading. Gametime is at 6:05 with Anthony Swarzak getting the start for the Rockcats.
Fort Myers Musings
- The Miracle had the day off yesterday and begin a 3 game series with Tampa in Tampa. Gametime is at 6:05 with Deolis Guerra getting the start.
- POG: Ben Revere- Ben continued his awesome start to the season going 3-4 to bring his average up to .418 on the season. It was really great to get him back out there as he missed a few days dealing with a hamstring injury. It will be key going forward for the Snappers for Revere to continue his hot string becuase they have so many injuries that without Ben they wont be able to put up the good numbers and win games.
- David Bromberg really struggled again for the Snappers only lasting 5.1 innings and giving up 6 runs on 8 hits. David has really struggled as of late but he is too good of a pitcher for it to continue. With the 6 runs allowed to raised his ERA to 5.31 and lowered his record to 5-6 on the season.
- Tonight, the Snappers begin a series with Clinton in Beloit. Gamtime is at 7:00pm with Santos Arias getting the start for the Snappers.