Minnesota 3 Chicago 1
Minnesota 12-14 2.5 games back
- POG:Boof Bonser- Boof was the best i have seen him in a very long time last night going 7 innings and only giving up a solo Hr to Joe Crede in the 7th and only giving up 6 hits on the night. Boof only walked 1 while striking out 8 White Sox batters. The thing that really impressed me was the curveball he had last night it had really good bite and he could throw it for a strike something he normally can't do. With the good start it lowered Boof's ERA to 3.75 on the season.
- Jason Kubel continues to impress me with a 2 run Hr in the 4th inning to give Boof Bonser all the room he would need. Jason has had a good April hitting his 4th Hr of the month and has 16rbi's this month. I really didn't see it happening I really thought Jason was a bust going into the year and now i have more confidence in him than alot of other players hopefully he can keep it up.
- The Twins offense is so much better with Michael Cuddyer in the lineup then without him. I think he watches to many pitches,but when he is in the lineup there is that threat that we were missing when he was out.
- Today, the Twins finish up their short 2 game series with the Sox at the Metrodome. Gametime is at 12:10 with Nick Blackburn getting the start for the Twins vs Nick Massat of the Sox
Rochester 9 Pawtucket 3
Rochester 13-13 4.5 games back
- POG: Darnell Mcdonald- Darnell continues his strong start going 3-5 with 3rbi's and 2 runs scored to raise his average to a team high .328. Like i said yesterday he is not a prospect, but he is a very good minor league player and like I said every organization needs players like that because every team wants to win and Rochester is no different. With the 3 rbi's it brings his total up to 13 on the season which is 2nd on the team and thats even more amazing considering he started the season on the DL.
- Brian Duensing had a dreadful 1st inning giving up 3 runs on 3 hits. After that he showed why he is a good pitcher by shutting the door for the rest of his outing. Brian went 6 innings and gave up just those 3 runs on 7 hits to bring his ERA to 2.75 on the season. Alot of pitchers would of fell apart after the early runs but that shows you how much grit he has to come back and put zeros on the board.
- Philip Humber pitched a scoreless inning to get the win for the Red Wings. With Liriano and Slowey getting a few starts the logical thing is for Humber to spend some time in the bullpen.
- Today, the Red Wings finish up their homestand with Pawtucket. Gametime is at 11:05am as its getaway day with Francisco Liriano getting the start for the Red Wings. It will be interesting to see how Liriano responds to being back in the minors.
New Britain Business
New Britain 7 Binghamton 1
New Britain 11-12 5.5 games back
- POG:Matt Moses- Matt came out of a bit of a slump going 3-5 with a double and an rbi for the Rock Cats. With the 3 hits Matt raised his average to .282 on the season. Matt is a guy that Twins scouts are looking for to break out because there are alot of people in the organization that are very high on him and are hoping that he can get his swing going and make it. He is definatly someone you should keep your eye on to see how he adjusts to being in the outfield now. Moving to the outfield helped Michael Cuddyer because he didnt have to think so much so hopefully it works for Matt Moses.
- Oswaldo Sosa had probably his best start of the year going 5 innings and only giving up a run on 2 hits for the Rock Cats. With the good start it lowered his ERA to 5.75 and gave hime his first win of the year. Hopefully, Oswaldo can find his rythm now and keep it going.
- Brock Peterson continued his strong production month by getting 2 more rbi's to bring his monthly total up to 20. I will take that every month out of him and if he does that he won't be with New Britain very long.
- Tonight, the Rock Cats continue with game 2 of their 3 game series with Binghamton. Gametime is at 5:35 with Yohan Pino getting the start for New Britain.
Fort Myers Musings
- The Miracle had the day off yesterday and start a series with Clearwater tonight. Gametime is at 6pm with Alex Burnett getting the start for the first place Miracle.
Beloit 3 South Bend 2 Final 10 innings
Beloit 9-16 9.5 games back
- POG:Ben Revere- I could pick other players for this, but yesterday was a big day for Ben as he went 2-4 for his first hits for the Snappers in his first full professional year. Ben has alot expected out of him so it will be interesting to see how he fulfills expectations for the Snappers and the Twins organization.
- Danny Lehman has not gotten alot of playing time, but he made the most out of it last night going 3-4 with an rbi and a run scored. Makes you wonder if maybe that will be the sign of more playing time for Lehman.
- Steven Hirschfeld was solid in his first start in a while going 5 innings and only giving up 1 run while scattering 7 hits. If he can continue that he will get many more starts for the Snappers as they struggled to get consistant strong starting pitching.
- Today, the Snappers finish their series with South Bend before going on the road. Gametime is a early 11am start with new Snapper Santos Arias getting the start for the Snappers.