- He threw 88 pitches and got threw 5 innings of work
- He seems to be able to locate his slider and changeup and they both have good break on them.
- His velocity is still down he is only throwing 89-92 on his fastball and only 80-82 on his off speed pitches
- He can't locate his fastball at all yet its all over the place
- In 88 pitches he only threw 47 strikes
What does all this mean i look at it is a work in progress and i like that he is doing this up here because he pitched good enough to win last night if we could of hit we could of got him a win. Its like baby steps he was a little bit better than his first start and i think that will continue. I think it will be a year long thing but i am hopeful after this start that eventually we will see the Liriano of old. The reason i say that is he had some bite on some of this sliders and changeups that is something we didnt see in his last start. Be patient with him and i think you are going to see The Franchise back by the end of the year.