Rochester 1 Richmond 0
- POG: Jose Morales- Jose is coming out of a god awful early season slump going 2-4 last night and throwing out a runner at 2nd base. He is too good of a hitter to struggle this much with the bat. With the 2 hits it raises Jose's average to still a terrible .143 on the season but it looks like he is coming around.
- Heath Totten had a solid start as he is continuing to build up arm strength going 4 innings giving up 0 runs on 4 hits with 5 strikeouts. I was really skeptical on him but he has been solid so far as a starter.
- Jason Pridie continued his hot streak getting a hit and driving in the only run of the game.
- Tonight, the Red Wings try to build on their series with Richmond as they travel to Scranton to take on the Yankees. First pitch is at 6pm with Brian Duensing getting the ball for the Red Wings.
New Britain Business
Trenton 8 New Britain 4
- POG: Luke Hughes- Luke continued his hot streak going 3-4 with a double and a rbi and a run scored. He has really been hot after starting out slow he has raised his average to a great .340 on the season.
- Oswaldo Sosa struggled again for the Rock Cats going only 4innings and giving up 5 hits and 4 runs to raise his era to 5.84. I was expecting more out of him i thought he would do better than he has so far this season.
- Dustin Martin has cooled down from a hot start and it makes you wonder why we are not seeing Brandon Roberts in there more.
- Tonight the Rock Cats continue their series with Trenton in New Britain. First pitch is at 5:35pm with Yohan Pino getting his 2nd start of the season trying to get that first win out of the way.
Fort Myers Musings
Fort Myers 5 Sarasota 3
- POG: Rodolfo Palacious- For someone who has hardly any playing time at all for the Miracle to come out with 2 hits and 2rbis says a lot. Makes you wonder why he hasn't been playing a little more.
- With the win the Miracle moved into a first place tie with Dunedin in the Western Division of the Florida State League.
- Danny Vais improved to 3-0 on the young season going 1.1 innings in relief of Alex Burnett to get the win. His ERA now stands at 0.75 on the season. He is developing into quite the bullpen guy and someone you can count on for good innings.
- Tonight the Miracle try to go into first place all by themselves as they finish their quick 2 game series in Sarasota against the Reds. Cole Devries gets the ball for the Miracle with game time scheduled for 5pm.
Beloit 5 Wisconsin 3 Final 5innings
- POG: Joe Benson- Joe shrugged off a early season slump with his first homerun of the season and also reaching on a walk. His job is to get on base and that is something he has struggled with so far this season. His OBP is only .357 and its usually higher than that so thats something he needs to work on.
- Brian Kirwan continued his early season success going 4.2 innings and giving up 2 runs to bring his ERA to 1.76. Brian has been the most consistant starter for Beloit so far and hopefully he can keep it up.
- Its obvious that teams don't want to pitch to Chris Parmalee right now so it was a positive sign that he took 2 walks last night. If he can continue to show that kind of patience at the plate his strikeouts will go down and his walks will go up which will only help him.
- Tonight the Snappers continue with their series with the Timber Rattlers in Grand Chute,Wisconsin. Game time is 6:30pm with David Bromberg getting the start for the Snappers.