- First off I want to send my Prayers to Delmon Young who left the Twins yesterday to be with sick mother in California. He is expected to miss between 3 and 7 days if not longer. I really hope your mother pulls through and let God be with you and your family.
- In response to this the Twins are expected to call up Jose Morales from Rochester to take Young's spot on the roster. Morales was hitting .340 with the Twins before his demotion and was hitting .267 in 9 games with the Red Wings. What this tells me is the Twins intend to play Joe Mauer all 4 games against the Yankees or they would of brought Jason Pridie or Dustin Martin up. I expect Mauer to catch tonight, Sunday, and Monday. I think he will be the DH on Saturday afternoon with Jason Kubel moving to left field on Saturday. The reason that they brought up Morales is to play it safe with the Catching situation because if Mike Redmond got hurt while Mauer was the DH they don't want to lose the DH and this way they won't because Morales could replace Redmond if he got hurt and Mauer could keep DHing.
- The Red Wings are getting really good at coming back late against Indianapolis as they had another comeback last night. David Winfree was the hero as he put the Red Wings on top with a 2 out 3 run homerun. Luke Hughes also hit his 6th homerun of the season. Justin Huber was 3-4 to bring his average to .328. Jason Jones had his best start in a while going 4.1 innings and giving up 3 runs. Bobby Keppell pitched 2.2 shutout innings in relief to allow the Red Wings to come back. Sean Henn picked up his 5th save of the year even though he gave up a run in the 9th.
New Britain News
- The Rock Cats had their game with Portland suspended in the 4th inning with the Rockcats trailing 8-1. They will continue the game at 4:35 with the second game 30 minutes to follow. Brian Dinkelman led the offense going 1-2 with his 7th double and his 19th rbi. Jay Rainville had his second straight rough start giving up 7 runs in only 2.2 innings to bring his era up to 6.14 on the season.
- The Miracle broke out offensively in a huge way as they defeated St. Lucie 19-4 in St. Lucie. Everyone contributed really but were led by Mark Dolenc who went 5-6 with 3 doubles and 6 rbi's to bring his average up to .337 on the year. Evan Bigley continued his strong start with the Miracle going 4-5 with 3 rbi's to bring his average up to a crazy .667 with 6 hits in 9 at bats. Ben Revere and Danny Berg also contributed 3 hits each. Lost in it was the good pitching performance of Tyler Robertson who went 5.2 innings and only gave up 2 runs to lower his era to 4.75 on the season. Alex Burnett pitched a shutout 1.1 innings and Santos Arias finished it up giving up 2 runs in 2 innings.
- The Snappers suffered a tough loss to Clinton last night in 13 innings 7-6. The Snappers were only able to must 5 hits, but were led by James Beresford who had 2 hits. Jon Waltenbury had his 3rd homerun and 3 rbis. Angel Morales also homered, his 3rd of the year. Brad Tippett continued his strong pitching this season by going 5 innings and only giving up 2 earned runs to lower his era to 2.87 on the season. Joe Testa had 2 more good innings lowering his era to 1.52 on the season. Danny Rondon took the loss giving up a run in 2.1 innings of work.
Twins at Yankees with Francisco Liriano getting start
Indianapolis vs Rochester with Kevin Mulvey getting start.
Portland at New Britain with Ryan Mullins starting the 2nd game.
Fort Myers at St. Lucie with Mike Mccardell getting start.
Beloit at Clinton with Michael Allen getting start
if anyone has any comments or questions you can either email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a comment on here.