im going to do something similiar to what Seth has up today with a little bit of a twist. I am going to list my Twins prospects where they are playing but i am also going to give their stats so far and i plan to update it every week so you can see how our prospects are doing.
1. Deolis Guerra- P Fort Myers 0-0 0.90 ERA 2 starts 6walks and 8 strikeouts
2. Carlos Gomez-cf Twins .313 2rbi 5 stolen bases
3. Tyler Robertson- P Fort Myers 0-1 3.60ERA 1 start 2 walks 6 strikeouts
4. Kevin Mulvey- P Rochester 1-0 0.00ERA 1 start bb, 5 strikeouts
5. Anthony Swarzak- P New Britain 0-0 1.80ERA 1 start 1walk 4 strikeouts
6. Ben Revere- Extended Spring Training
7. Alexi Casilla- SS Rochester .167 1 rbi 3 sb 3errors
8. Jeff Manship- P Fort Myers 2-0 4.50ERA 2starts 4 walks 8 strikeouts
9. Trevor Plouffe-SS New Britain .154, .214obp
10.Phillip Humber-P Rochester 0-2 5.00ERA 2 starts BB, 5 strikeouts
11.Joe Benson-CF Beloit .192, .318obp 3rbi's and 2 steals
12.Wilson Ramos-C Fort Myers .238,.360obp HR, 2rbi
13.Brian Duensing-P Rochester 0-2 2.31ERA 2starts bb,5strikeouts
14.Chris Parmalee-1b/RF Beloit .250 3HR 3RBI .750 slugging percentage
15.Danny Valencia-3b Fort Myers .333 HR,7RBI .452obp
16.Oswaldo Sosa-P New Britain 0-0 0.00ERA 1 start 2bb, 5 strikeouts
17.Nick Blackburn-P Twins 0-1 2.25ERA 2 starts 3 walks 11 strikeouts
18.Jason Pridie- CF Rochester .160.222obp, sb
19.Jay Rainville-P New Britain 0-1 10.80ERA 1start 5 walks
20.Alex Burnett-P Fort Myers 0-1 7.20ERA 1start 2 walks 3 strike outs
that is the first 20 ill have the next 30 tommorrow and keep in mind its early and a lot of these guys only have played a half a dozen games and they will get alot better so take this first update with a grain of salt, but wanted to keep everyone informed.
Friday, April 11, 2008
I will be continuing my series on the Twins position by position look into the Twins organization. Today i will be moving onto the Left Field position hope everyone enjoys it and let the comments continue.
- Delmon Young- I am really high on Delmon Young I know some people are going to disagree with me on this but i think we got a steal with him and Harris. Delmon was the 1st pick in the draft in the 2003 draft. Delmon has had his problems but has gotten past them to be one of the top prospects in the game. In 2007 in his first full season in the majors Delmon hit .288 with 13 HR's and 93 RBI's and finish 2nd in the Rookie of the Year voting. The sky is the limit for this guy and if he continues to improve i look for him to be a superstar and a cornerstone player for the Twins. The older he gets and the more experience he has he will continue to improve i look for him to be a 40 hr guy eventually for the Twins. The sky is the limit for this guy and we have a left fielder for the next 10-15 years.
- Jason Pridie- I know right now he is playing Center field but Denard Span will be playing there when he comes down and Jason will move over to Left. The Twins acquired Jason in the Delmon Young trade and he will help the team immesely. He is very talented he has speed,good defense and puts together good at bats. I dont look for him to ever be a starter at the major league level but i see him more as a forth outfielder in the Big Leagues, but i do see him making it to the Majors possibly as soon as this season. Jason is a career .264 hitter, but the last 2 years he has stepped it up and hit .290 and .313 and if he can keep it up this year i think he will make it into a Twins uniform sometime this summer.
- Matt Moses- Matt was a first round pick in the 2003 draft. Much was expected of him when he was drafted him. He had success early in his career and many thought he would be the 3rd baseman of the future for the Twins. He hit well in Fort Myers but has struggled the last 2 years in New Britain with not only his bat, but also his glove. That was the reason he was moved to the outfield to see if that will help. Matt can hit and the hope is with less pressure on him defensively he will find his hitting stroke again. The bottom line is Matt has a lot of talent and can hit he just hasnt done it consistantly. Honestly, he is running out of time and this could be his last chance with the Twins to prove what he can do and if he can't this will probably be the last season in the Twins organization.
- Edward Lovalle- Edward signed with the Twins as an undrafted free agent in 2002. He is a career .261 hitter who plays good defense and has the capabilities to be a good hitter. However, I really don't see much of a ceiling for Edward he hit only .222 last season with Fort Myers with over a 100 k's. He really needs to improve this season just to stay in the organization and im pulling for the guy but i dont see alot of future for him in the Twins organization.
- Ozzie Lewis- Ozzie was a 21st round draft pick in 2007 by the Twins out of Fresno St University. He hit .323 last season for Elizabethton which got him the promotion to Beloit. I really like his potential to be a good ballplayer. Its a little early to project how he is going to do as he moves forward but he is one of the best players on the Snappers this year. Keep an eye on this kid I think your going to keep hearing good things about him.
Red Wings Wrap
Norfolk 3 Red Wings 0
Norfolk 3 Red Wings 0
- POG:Philip Humber- Even though he took a loss he pitched very well and a lot better than his first start. He went 5 innings and gave up 2 runs on 4 hits and gave the team a chance to win.
- The Red Wings continue to struggle defensively with another error which brings their total to 7 in the last 3 games.
- The Red Wings continue to struggle witht the bats only getting 6 hits.
- The Wings had a tough road trip going 2-5
- Today the Wings open up their home schedule with a game vs Syracuse. Glen Perkins gets the start tonight for the Red Wings. First pitch is at 6:05
- The Red Wings sent OF/1b Doug Deeds to the Cubs to complete the Craig Monroe trade.
New Britain Business
- Today the Rock Cats open up a series versus the Portland Sea Dogs in Portland. Anthony Swarzak gets the start for the Rock Cats today as they take on the first place Sea Dogs. First pitch is scheduled for 5:00
Fort Myers Musings
Fort Myers 2 Clearwater 0
- POG: Deolis Guerra was impressive again throwing 5 shutout innings for the Miracle. Only negative was he had 5 walks, but im not too worried about him in his first start he only walked 1. In 10 innings so far this year he has only given up 1 run. Wow!
- Whitney Robbins was the hitting hero for the Miracle hitting a 2 run HR to make the difference in the game.
- Today the Miracle start a series with first place Dunedin in Fort Myers. Tyler Robertson gets the start for the Miracle. First pitch is scheduled for 6:05
Peoria 6 Beloit 5
- POG: Micheal McCardell pitched a solid game for the Snappers going 5 and a third only giving up 1 unearned run. That is 2 good starts in a row for Michael.
- The Snappers got the bats going a bit with 8 hits and drew 3 walks
- Closer Blair Erickson had a day he would like to forget giving up 2 hr's and blowing a 3 run lead to blow the save.
- The Snappers start a 3 game series tonight with Fort Wayne in Beloit. I believe Micheal Tarsi gets the start tonight for the Snappers. First pitch scheduled for 6:30