Rochester 2 Richmond 1
- POG: Kevin Mulvey- Kevin continued his strong start to the season going 7 strong innings for the Red Wings. He only gave up 6 hits while walking nobody and striking out 9 in the impressive outing. It amazinging heighted his ERA to a great 1.02 ERA on the season. He has only given up 2 runs in 17.2 innings so far with only 3 walks and 20 strikeouts on the young season. All i can say is wow and hopefully he can keep it up.
- Brian Buscher continued his strong start giving the Red Wings all the runs they needed with a 2 run hr in the 3rd inning. Brian is hitting .352 this spring and possibly might be getting a promotion to the Twins soon.
- Mariano Gomez has been a pleasant surprise so far this year. Yesterday he went 2 shutout innings to pick up the save and lower his era to 0.87 on the season.
- Today the Red Wings finish their 5 game series with Richmond in Rochester first pitch is 6:05. Heath Totten is on the mound for Rochester
New Britain Business
Trenton 7 New Britain 4
- POG: Brock Peterson- Brock continued his recent surge with a 3 run HR in the 1st inning to raise his average to .196 on the young season.
- Jay Rainville pitched solidly giving up only 3 runs in 5 innings for the Rock Cats lowering his era to 5.40.
- Jay Sawatski continued his struggles this season giving up 4 runs in only 2 innings of work. He has really struggled this year and you have to wonder if he has much of a future considering that he is 28 years old and he is struggling at AA.
- Tonight the Rock Cats continue their series with Trenton in New Britain first pitch is at 5:35. Oswaldo Sosa is on the mound for the Rock Cats
Fort Myers Musings
Fort Myers 3 Clearwater 2
- POG: Johnny Woodard continued his strong resurgence for the Miracle going 3 for 4 at the plate to raise his average to .273 with a run scored for the Miracle.
- Tyler Robertson was good again keeping runs out when he did not have his good stuff only giving up 1 unearned run in 5 innings. He walked 2 while struck out 5 to lower his era to 2.57 on the season.
- Anthony Slama continued his strong start going 1 inning to get the win for Miracle. He has worked 8 innings so far this season without giving up a run.
- Tonight the Miracle begin a short 2 game series with the Sarasota Reds in Sarasota with the first pitch at 6:05. Alex Burnett gets the start for the Miracle.
- Beloit had the day off yesterday but today they begin a 3 game series with Wisconsin in Beloit. First pitch is at 6:30 with Brian Kirwan getting the start for Beloit as the Snappers try to get back on track after losing their last game.