Rochester 8 Leigh Valley 2
Rochester 10-11 4.5 games back
- POG:Brian Duensing- Brian continued his revival with another solid start for the Red Wings. He went 7 innings and only gave up 1 run on 3 hits to lower his ERA to 2.40 on the year. His last 2 starts have been awesome in 12.2 innings Brian has only given up 2 earned runs and 7 hits. I don't understand why he doesn't get more press because i feel he is the ace of the Red Wings staff and is ready for a callup to the Twins. The only problem is the surplus of pitching but i really believe by the end of the year he will be in the major leagues either with the Twins or possibly some where else.
- Jose Morales continued his resurgence by going 3-4 with 2 Rbi's for the Red Wings. In his last 4 games Jose is 6-15 a .400 average with a homerun, 4rbi's and a run scored. Jose is getting back to being the offensive force the Red Wings knew that they had in him and someone you have to keep an eye on.
- Randy Ruiz had one of his first good games of the year going 2-3 with his first hr and 4 rbi's for the Red Wings. Randy like Jose Morales has to get it going for the Red Wings if they are going to contend in the International League and he can do it he has hit everywhere he has been so hopefully he can keep it up.
- Tonight, the Red Wings finish their series with Leigh Valley as they go for the sweep. Gametime is 6:05 with Philip Humber on the mound trying to get on track for the Red Wings.
New Britain Business
Trenton 2 New Britain 1
New Britain 9-10 4.5 games back
- POG: Yohan Pino- Yohan was the toughluck loser going 7 innings and only giving up 2 runs on 4 hits, but the Rock Cats hitters couldn't help him out so he took his first loss of the season. It is 3 consecutive quality starts for Yohan and he is turning out to be one of the best pitchers on the staff and a quality prospect the Twins need to look at.
- After being in such a groove offensively the Rock Cats ran into a buzzsaw in Trenton and were only able to scrape 1 run across on 7 hits. You know what they say good pitching always beats good hitting and every once in a while your going to have a night like that. Hopefully, the Rock Cat hitters can get back on track tonight.
- Only bright spots offensively were Dustin Martin who went 2-4 to raise his average to .358 and David Winfree who hit his 3rd homerun of the year to give the Rock Cats their only run of the ballgame.
- Tonight, the Rock Cats try to get back into the winning column as they play game 2 against Trenton. Gametime is at 6:05pm with Ryan Mullins getting the start for New Britain.
Fort Myers Musings
Tampa 4 Fort Myers 2
Fort Myers 13-8 First Place
- POG: Cole Devries- Cole had his first quality outing in my opinion of the year going 5 solid innings and only giving up 2 earned runs and striking out 5. Cole is a hit and miss pitcher who has struggled so far this season. Hopefully, this start will get him going so that he can reach the potential we all want for him because he has a good arm he just hasn't shown it this year so far.
- It was a rough day at the plate for the Miracle only able to muster 6 hits on the game. But they have been hitting really well and theres no reason to think this will last longer than a day.
- On a positive note Rene Tosoni went 1-4 to raise his average to a team high .339 a point ahead of Brian Dinkelman. Should be fun to watch because those guys are going to be battling all year for the team batting lead.
- Tonight, the Miracle finish their series off with Tampa in Tampa. Gametime is at 6pm in Tampa with Jeff Manship getting the start for Fort Myers.
Beloit 6-14 9.5 games back
- Beloit had the day off and begin a series with Wisconsin tonight. Gametime is at 6:35pm with David Bromberg getting the start for the Snappers