Texas 10 Minnesota 0
Minnesota 11-14 3.5 games back
- POG:Brendan Harris- Brendan continued his strong start for the Twins going 2-2 for the day and 6-12 for the series to raise his average to a team high .309 for the season. Brendan has shown that last year was not a fluke and that he belongs at the major league level as a starter.
- Livan Hernandez was awful yesterday only going 2.2 innings and giving up 7 runs on 9 hits against a good Texas lineup. That is 2 bad starts in a row for Livan so hopefully he can rebound but i am not counting on it because he is what he is and you know what your getting when you sign a guy like Livan Hernandez.
- Mike Lamb got 1 hit to raise his average to .219 i know its not very good but its small steps because the Twins need him to hit or it will be a long year so hopefully he can keep it going.
- Today the Twins have a much needed day off today before they take on the first place Chicago White Sox.
Rochester 5 Leigh Valley 1
Rochester 12-12 4.5 games back
- POG:Chris Basak- Chris hit a tie breaker 2 run homerun in the 7th inning to allow the Red Wings to get their 2nd straight win and 4th in 5 games. Chris went 1-4 with 2 rbi's and a run scored. It wasn't a huge game but his homerun was huge for the Red Wings because Leigh Valley had just tied the game in the bottom of the 6th and get the lead back was huge for the Red Wings.
- Heath Totten probably made his last start for the Red Wings with the additions of Francisco Liriano and Kevin Slowey to the Red Wings pitching staff. But he was solid going the first 3 innings and only giving up 3 hits while striking out 2. I think he will be a strong addition to the Red Wings bullpen and has exceeded my expectations for him so far.
- Tim Lahey pitched the last 2 innings to pick up his first save of the year for the Red Wings. He didn't give up a hit while striking out a batter. Tim will probably get the majority of the save opprotunity's while Bobby Korecky is with the Twins so look for him to continue to pitch good for the Red Wings.
- Tonight the Red Wings begin a series with the Pawtucket Red Sox in Rochester. Gametime is at 5:35 with Kevin Mulvey getting the start for the Red Wings.
New Britain Business
Trenton 7 New Britain 5
New Britain 10-12 6.5 games back
- POG: David Winfree- David had a really solid game going 2-4 with his 4th Homerun of the year. With the Homerun he had 2rbi's and 2 runs scored on the day. With the 2 hits it raised David's average to .219. The Twins need David to keep improving because if you can find someone who can hit it out of the park you have to keep him in the system, but he needs to improve that average if he wants to stay in the Twins organization.
- Jay Rainville struggled again yesterday only going 4 innings and giving up 6 runs on 9 hits for the Rock Cats. That is 2 bad starts in a row I don't know if there is anything wrong with him or not all i know is he needs to pitch better. Going into the year there were alot of people high on him and the last 2 starts are not going to get it done so hopefully he can turn it around.
- Luke Hughes had another stellar game for the Rock Cats going 2-5 with his 8th homerun of the year and raising his team high average to .356. He has been the surprise player of the month in the entire Twins organization so hopefully he can keep it going.
- Today the Rock Cats have the day off before they begin a series with the Mets in Binghamton Tuesday.
Fort Myers Musings
Lakeland 8 Fort Myers 3
Fort Myers 13-11 1.0games back
- POG:Toby Gardenhire- Toby had another solid day at the plate going 2-4 on the day to raise his average to .333 in limited duty. Toby has been very good offensively and as a backup player whenever his number is called he has come in and produced. Im sure his Dad is very proud.
- Deolis Guerra had his first rough start of the year going 5 innings and giving up 7 earned runs on 9 hits to raise his era to 3.75. Im not too worried about him because its hard to keep up the performance he was doing before becuase he was awesome so 1 bad start doesn't bother me lets just hope he rebounds next time.
- The Miracle need to get off the shnide as they have lost 4 straight games to go from 13-7 to 13-11 and from first place to 2nd place.
- Tonight the Miracle finish their series with Lakeland in Lakeland. Phenom Tyler Robertson gets the start for the Miracle trying to break that losing streak gametime is at 6pm.
Beloit 5 Wisconsin 3
Beloit 8-15 8.5 games back
- POG:Chris Parmalee- Chris broke out of a 1-22 streak with a grand slam in the 6th inning to put the Snappers on top. Chris is still 2-26 which is only a .077 average. So hopefully that Homerun was the start of something good for him. With the homerun it was his 5th of the year and his 18th rbi's for the year.
- Daniel Berlind had a solid start going 5 innings and giving up 2 runs on 4 hits to pick up his first win of the year. Daniel lowered his era to 5.40 on the year for the Snappers. The Snappers count on Daniel to bring innings and keep the hitters in the game so hopefully he can keep it coming.
- The Snappers bullpen who i think is the strength of the team went the last 4 innings and only gave up 3 hits, an unearned run and struck out 8 batters for the Snappers.
- Tonight the Snappers begin a series with South Bend in Beloit. Gametime is at 6:35pm with Brian Kirwan getting the start for the Snappers.