Rochester 10 Leigh Valley 0
Rochester 11-12 5 games back
- POG: Glen Perkins- Glen had his first great start of the season last night throwing a complete game for the Redwings and only giving up 2 hits and walking 1 while striking out 7 on the night. Its the game we have been waiting for all year from Perkins becuase he is very talented and last night he finally showed what we have been expecting all year. Hopefully he can keep it up and if he can it really helps the Red Wings.
- Howie Clark hit his 1st homerun of the year and drove in 4 runs to pace the Red Wings 20 hit attack. Everyone had atleast 2 hits for the Red Wings. Hopefully, that is a start of things to come as the hitters got going.
- Denard Span made his return with a 2-5 game with a walk and a run scored and also a stolen base.
- Rochester finishes their series with the Iron Pigs today at Leigh Valley. Gametime is at 12:35 with Heath Totten getting the start for the Red Wings
New Britain Business
New Britain 7 Trenton 4 12innings
New Britain 10-11 5 games back
- POG:Steve Tolleson- Steve had a huge game for the Rock Cats going 3-6 with his 2nd Homerun of the year and 3rbi's with 2 runs scored. With the good game it raised Steves average to .230 on the year. Steve has gotten off to a slow start so hopefully this game will be a catalyst for Steve to put up the numbers he's capable of.
- Brandon Roberts got the game winning hit for the Rock Cats a rbi single to break the tie in the top of the 12th for the Rock Cats
- Anthony Swarzak rebounded after a rough 1st inning to go 6 innings and only gave up the 3 runs he gave up in the first. You knew he wasnt going to keep pitching like he was early on but he gave his team a chance to win and thats all you can ask for from a pitcher.
- Today the Rock Cats finish their series with the Thunder in Trenton. Gametime is at 12:05 with Jay Rainville getting the start as he tries to rebound after a terrible start his last time out.
Fort Myers Musings
Lakeland 3 Fort Myers 2
Fort Myers 13-10 First Place
- POG:Kevin Slowey- Kevin made his 2nd and final rehab start with the Miracle and went the first 5 and didnt give up a hit or run while walking 1 and striking out 5 for the miracle. It was only a pitstop for Kevin as he is on his way up to Twins with another pitstop in Rochester for a couple more starts, but he will be with the Twins before long.
- The Miracle were only able to muster 2 hits against a really good pitcher for Lakeland so there wasn't alot of good things to say about the Miracle hitters.
- Matthew Fox had a rough outing going 2 innings and giving up 3 runs in relief of Slowey. It was a surprise because Fox had been really solid for the Miracle before this game so hopefully he can shake it off.
- Today the Miracle continue their series with Lakeland in Lakeland. Phenom Deolis Guerra gets the start for the Miracle as they try to break a 3 game losing streak.
Beloit 6-5 Wisconsin 3-0
Beloit 7-15 9.5 games back
- POG:Steven Singelton- Steve went 3-7 in the 2 games for the Snappers. With the 3 hits it raises his average to a team high .368 on the season. Steve is the most professional hitter the Snappers have on their team.
- The Snappers got some bad news with Deibinson Romero is going to miss 4-6 weeks with a torn Meniscious.
- More bad news with Pitcher Michael Mccardell who has been the most consistent pitchers the Snappers have had. He has bone chips in his elbow hopefully rest will help that get better. But like Seth says Johan Santana had bone chips before his first cy young. So hopefully he can come back healthy along with Romero.
- Today the Snappers finish their series with Wisconsin this afternoon in Wisconsin. Gametime is at 1:05 with Daniel Berlind getting the start for the Snappers.