Rochester 5 Leigh Valley 3
Rochester 9-11 4.5 games back
- POG: Jon Knott- Jon came out of his slump a little bit going 2-3 with his first Hr of the years as the Red Wings came back in the bottom of the 8th inning to get the win. Jon has really struggled this year hitting only .214 so he needs to get going with the bat because he is a much better hitter than that.
- Kevin Mulvey had a solid start again giving up 1 earned run in 5.2 innings for the Redwings. He was a little more wild walking 4 while striking out 5 batters, but overall he has been the most consistant starter for the Red Wings and probably the first one to get the call if something happens.
- The Red Wings continue their horrible defense with 3 more errors on the night. That is one reason that not many people will get promoted cause if you dont play defense you wont be in the majors.
- Rochester continues their series with Leigh Valley tonight at 5:35 gametime. Brian Duensing gets the start for the Red Wings.
New Britain Business
New Britain 15 Reading 6
New Britain 9-9 4.5 games back
- POG: For the 4th straight day i have to give it to Luke Hughes. Luke went 4-5 with his 5th and 6th homeruns and 5 rbi's and 2 runs scored to raise his average to .380 on the season. I have said it before but i think Rochester could use his bat in their lineup. With a player like him you need him to either sink or swim to see how big of a future he has for the Twins.
- The Rock Cats continued their offensive explosion by scoring 15 runs and 21 hits. In the last 2 games they have scored 22 runs and 35 hits.
- Oswaldo Sosa got hit pretty good giving up 4 runs and 8hits in only 3 innings but the bullpen did a decent job and with the sticks they had it was a easy win.
- Tonight the Rockcats travel to Trenton to take on the Thunder for a 3 game series. Yohan Pino gets the start for the Rock Cats in the opener
Fort Myers Musings
Fort Myers 8 Tampa 1
Fort Myers 13-7 First Place
- POG: Wilson Ramos- Looks like Wilson is breaking out of a early season slump by going 3-5 with a double and 2 rbi's. Wilson Ramos is a key to this offense and getting him going is the key for the Miracle scoring runs.
- Alex Burnett had a good outing going 5.2 innings and only giving up 2 hits and 1 run while walking 4 and striking out 3
- A big encouraging note was the return of Danny Hernandez. Hernandez has been battling injuries who made his Miracle season debut by going the 9th inning without giving up a hit for the miracle.
- This morning the Miracle continue their series with Tampa with an early 10 am game today. Cole Devries got the start for the Miracle.
West Michigan 5 Beloit 4
Beloit 6-14 9.5 games out
- POG: Brian Kirwan- Brian continued his strong start on the hill for the Snappers going 7 innings and only gave up 3 earned runs while striking out 2. His ERA now stands at 2.42 on the season. Brian is one of the most consistant pitchers on the Snappers staff.
- Garrett Olson was the shining star offensively going 3-6 with a run scored for the Snappers.
- Blair Erickson blew it in the 13th he did not get an out and gave up the winning run to raise his era to 7.36 and his record to 0-3.
- The Snappers get a well needed day off before they face the Wisconsin Rattlers in a series this weekend.