Scranton 3 Rochester0
Rochester 8-11 5 games back
- POG: Glen Perkins- It was not an easy decision because Glen was not great, but compared to the hitters he was great. Glen went 5 innings and gave up 1 run on 6 hits with 2 walks and 2 strikeouts. The only problem is he was only able to go 5 innings because he threw 99 pitches in his 5 innings. I have said this before but i think his future is in the bullpen because he is better in short bursts than for many innings. Last night's performence lowered his era to 4.26 on the season.
- The Red Wings had no answer for pitcher Darrell Rasner of Scranton only getting 2 hits for the night. Its tough to win a game with only 3 hits so they need to do better.
- The Red Wings bullpen struggled again giving up 2 runs in 4 innings in a game in which they needed to be perfect with the lack of hitting and they couldnt hold them down
- The Red Wings have the night off before they begin a series with Leigh Valley tommorrow in Rochester
New Britain Business
New Britain 5 Reading 2
New Britain 8-8 4.5 games back
- POG: Luke Hughes- For a record 3rd straight game Luke gets player of the game by going 2-4 with his 3rd HR of the year with an rbi, a run scored and also a walk. With the great game Luke improved his average to a team high .344 for the Rock Cats
- Anthony Swarzak struggled for the first time this season only lasting 4 innings. The problem was he had trouble throwing strikes, but he found a way to get out of some jams only giving up 2 runs in the 4 innings. He gave up 7 hits and walked 3 batters while striking out 5. He raised his ERA to 1.35 on the year, but im not worried at all about him because he has been awesome this year and he wasnt terrible last night its just he set such a standard that when he gives up a run he looks terrible. I look for Anthony to rebound in his next start and be the pitcher we have seen so far.
- Armando Gambino was awesome last night going 3.1 in relief of Swarzak and throwing scoreless ball and let the Rock Cats offense take over. He gave up 4 hits and struck out 4 without a walk to lower his era to 1.80.
- Tonight the Rockcats continue their series with Reading. First pitch is at 5:35pm with Jay Rainville getting the ball for the Rock Cats
Fort Myers Musings
Fort Myers 10 Lakeland 4
- POG: Johnny Woodard- Johnny continued his hot streak with a Hr and 5 rbi's to raise his average to .286. In his last 4 games he is 7-16 with 6 rbi's and 4 runs scored. Johnny when healthy brings a big bopper to the lineup that they need so hopefully he can keep it coming.
- With the win the Miracle moved back into a first place tie with Dunedin at 11-7
- Danny Valencia continued his resurgence going 3-4 with an rbi to bring his average to .279 on the season. Like i said with Woodard when Danny is hitting it makes everyone better. But not to be outdone was Rene Tosoni went 4-5 to bring his average up to a team leading .373. Last night our 1-5 went 13-21 which is a .619 average with a Hr and 9 rbi's all i can say is wow
- The pitching kept its end too Kevin Slowey got the start and went 3 innings and only gave up a solo homerun and struck out 5 in his 3 innings of work.
- Deolis Guerra came in relief and was ok not as good as he has been but still solid going 4 innnings and gave up 2 earned runs on 4 hits while walking 2 and striking out 3 to bring his era up to 1.42. He did fine but when you come into the game with a .60 era it doesnt take much to go up.
- Tonight the Miracle finish their 3 game series with Lakeland in Fort Myers. Game time is at 6:05 with phenom Tyler Robertson getting the start for the Miracle.
West Michigan 2 Beloit 1
Beloit 6-12 9.0 games back
- POG: Michael Tarsi- For the first time this year Micheal showed what he is made of on the hill going a complete game and giving up 2 runs on 6 hits while striking out 4 without a walk. This is the kind of performance the Snappers have been waiting all year out of Michael and if they are going to have a decent year they need more of the same out of Michael Tarsi
- Once again the Snappers struggled with the bat only able to get a run on 6 hits
- Chris Parmalee has struggled since his big game last week going 0-10 since he went off to lower his average by about 70 points.
- Deibinson Romero got the only run with a Hr but the bigger issue is he has really struggled this year so far at the plate in the field. There are alot of people that are very high on him but he has not delivered. He is only hitting .214 with a Hr and 7 rbi's with 7 errors already. He is way too talented to keep this up but its a little disconcerting because some people including myself looked at him as the 3rd basemen of the future but if he is struggling this much at Beloit whats it going to be like for him as he goes forward. I believe he will turn it around but he needs to get better in every sense of the game offensively and in the Twins organization he needs to play better defensively or he wont be around long so he is someone to keep an eye on.
- Tonight the Snappers continue their series with West Michigan. First pitch is at 5:35 with Daniel Berlind getting the start for the Snappers.