- The Twins finished their 6 game homestand today in grand fashion as they defeated the Detroit Tigers today 6-5. It was a very unexpected victory today considering that they trailed 5-0 heading into the bottom of the 7th inning and Justin Verlander was cruising. He had only given up 4 hits and had struck out a very impressive 13 batters. Just look at the 7th inning shows how impressive the comeback was because everyone did their part. Joe Crede finished the comeback with a 2 run single to score Justin Mourneau and Jason Kubel to put the Twins on top.
- Speaking of Kubel he continued his hot streak of late by going 3-4 and driving in a run in the 6 run 7th inning with a double that would of tied the game had it not jumped the fence for a ground rule double. With the 3 hits it raised his average to an amazing .333 on the season.
- Scott Baker looked awesome for 5 innings and everything fell apart for him again very similiar to the Kansas City game 2 starts ago. He had runners on 1st and 3rd with no outs and got a strikeout and a popup to get 2 outs. He then gave up a fly ball that Kubel misjudged for a run and then after that all heck broke loose and by the end he had given up 5 runs and ruined an otherwise excellent start.
- On top of that the bullpen really did a good job today with Craig Breslow picking up his first major league win in relief pitching 1.2 scorless innings, then Matt Guerrier got a big out, and Joe Nathan Picked up his 6th save of the year.
- The Twins begin a 7 game road trip this weekend with 4 in New York and 3 in Chicago. Here is the Pitching Matchups this weekend
Friday Liriano(2-4 5.75era) vsPhil Hughes(1-2 8.49era)
Saturday Blackburn(2-2 4.32) vsChamberlain(2-1 3.89)
Sunday Slowey(5-1 4.91) vs Burnett(2-1 5.36)
Monday Perkins (1-2 4.27) vs Pettitte(3-1 4.00) Game on ESPN