Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Unbelievable

I will more info later but I wanted to rant on something that I found utterly ridiculous. Delmon Young did what every person in his position would do. He left the Twins to be with his dying mother who was dying of cancer. First, off I want to give my condolences to the Young family I know your going through hell right now but she is in a better place now. What I have a problem with is major league baseball basically forcing a player to come back in 7 days. Thankfully, he was able to be with her until she died. However, stupid MLB is penalizing the Twins for being an understanding organization for letting him have as much time he needs before coming back. There is a rule that I had no idea about that says if a player goes for longer than 7 days the team has to play a player short until he returns. If that is not the stupidest thing I have heard. It is almost like MLB wants the teams to force the player to come back before they can instead of letting them be with their families in a tough time like this. Hopefully, MLB will realize how stupid this rule is and change it fast because it just makes them look stupid and hurts the teams. The Twins are handling this the right way because there are things way more important than baseball and thats what Delmon Young should be concentrating on now not baseball.

No comments: