- The Twins had yesterday off as they begin a three game series with the struggling Cleveland Indians as Kevin Slowey is Scheduled to start for Minnesota.
Rochester 6 Lehigh Valley 3
- The Redwings finished off a very successful series against Lehigh Valley as they took 3 out of 4 in the series by defeating the Iron Pigs last night 6-3. Reid Santos got the start last night for the Redwings and was ok as usual, but you can tell he has not been stretched out yet as he only threw 52 pitches again. I think Rochester is expecting the Twins to give them a starting pitcher because they are not trying to stretch out Reid Santos. Last night Santos went 3.1 innings and gave up 1 run on 6 hits along with 2 walks and 2 strikeouts. With the 1 run allowed Santos lowered his era to 5.56. Bobby Keppel then came in and was very impressive for the Redwings. In 3.1 innings Keppel only gave up 1 hit and no runs. With the 3.1 shutout innings Keppel lowered his era to a very good 2.34 on the season. I have been very surprised with Bobby Keppel this year as I was not expecting this kind of season from Keppel. Mike Gosling then came on and really struggled as he gave up 2 runs in 2 innings along with 2 walks and 2 strikeouts. Juan Morillo then came in to finish the game by striking out the final batter of the game to pick up his first save of his Rochester career.
- The Wings offense did its fair share as to get the win as they had 6 runs on 9 hits to get the win. Jason Pridie led the charge as he went 2-4 with his 8th double and first triple of the year. Pridie is now hitting .246 on the season after the 2 hits. Tommy Watkins and Jose Morales also contributed 2 hits apiece. Morales added his first triple of the year and drove in his 9th run. After the 2 hits Morales is now hitting a very good .292. Jason Pridie, David Winfree, and Justin Huber also contributed rbi's on the night. Pridie now has 13, Winfree now has 25, and Huber has 23.
- Tonight, the Redwings begin a 8 game homestand with a series with the 3rd place Gwinnett Braves with Philip Humber on the mound for Rochester.
New Britain Business
New Britain 9 Connecticut 0
- The Rockcats came out firing against first place Connecticut in a big series for the Rockcats. They got off to a good start with a big 9-0 win over the Connecticut Defenders. Cole Devries was once again the story of the game for the Rockcats as he threw 8 shutout innings to pick up his 4th win of the year. Devries went 8 innings and did not give up a run on only 5 hits along with 1 walk and 4 strikeouts. With the awesome 8 innings Devries lowered his team low era down to 2.68. Cole Devries has proven me wrong time and time again it seems. He defies everyone saying he doesnt strikeout enough hitters, he doesn't throw hard enough, he is not big enough to pitch shutout inning after inning. Cole Devries has been the ace of this very talented Rockcat staff and if he keeps proving people wrong maybe someday he will make it with the Twins. Frank Mata came in and finished the job working a clean 9th inning for the Rockcats in their big victory.
- The Rockcats really pounded Connecticut pitchers by getting 9 runs on 10 hits and were helped out by 8 Defender walks. Matt Moses was the story of the game as he put the game out of reach early on smacking a grand slam to right field to put the Rockcats up 4-0. The homerun was Moses' 4th homerun of the year and brought his rbi total up to 29. Another big story was the return of Wilson Ramos to the Rockcats lineup. Ramos missed about a month with a broken finger and did not take long to get back in the groove as he went 2-5 with his 11th and 12th rbi's of the year. Whit Robbins continued his torrid streak going 3-4 with his 12th and 13th doubles. Talk about an awesome couple of games in Whit Robbins last 2 games he is 7-10 which is a .700 average and in his last 10 games he is hitting .447 with 5 doubles, a homerun and 4 rbi's to bring his average up to a great .340.
- Tonight, the Rockcats continue their series with Connecticut as Matt Fox tries to keep it going for New Britain.
Fort Myers Minutes
Brevard County 5 Fort Myers 0
- The Miracle had their 3 game winning streak come to an end last night as they ran into a great pitching outing by Brevard County pitcher Evan Anundsen who held the Miracle to just 3 hits. The only hits for the Miracle were by you guessed it Ben Revere who went 1-4 to bring his average down to .344 on the year. Steve Singelton and Chris Parmalee also added singles for the Miracle in a game that just was not to be. Sometimes you just have to tip your hat to the other pitcher because they were better than you that day and this was one of those days for the Miracle.
- With the start by Anundsen Mike Mccardell had to be pretty much perfect and after a string of good starts by Mccardell he was not quite up to the task on this night. Mike only lasted 4.2 innings and gave up 4 runs on 7 hits along with 2 strikeouts. With the 4 runs Mike's era rose to a still very good 3.97 on the year. Henry Arias came in relief and was ok going 2.1 innings and giving up a run on 1 hit along with 2 walks and 2 strikeouts. Loek Van Mil came in and finished the game pitching a clean 8th inning for the Miracle. It will be interesting to see how Van Mil does for the Miracle after missing all that time because of injury.
- Tonight, the Miracle finish off their series with Brevard County as staff ace Carlos Gutierrez goes on the hill for Fort Myers.
- The Snappers had yesterday off and are set to begin a road series tonight against Peoria with Dan Osterbrock scheduled to pitch for Beloit.