Sunday, July 19, 2009

Mccardell Promoted to New Britain

In a move that should not be as surpring considering how he has done this year and his age Mike Mccardell has replaced Yohan Pino in the New Britain starting rotation. Mccardell pitched very well at Fort Myers and at 24 years old needed to get up to New Britain and I think he will do very well at New Britain. I look for Tyler Robertson and David Bromberg to join Mccardell next spring with the Rockcats and I expect them to be key contributers for a possible Florida State Leauge Championship. Congratulations to Mike you really deserve the promotion and I am sure you will do with the Rockcats. The question is now who will replace Mccardell in the Fort Myers rotation. They have an in-house canidate in Henry Arias, but to me the most logical choice is Brad Tippett who has dominated Beloit and his 2.43 era begs for a promotion to Fort Myers. They could also consider Dan Osterbrock or Bobby Lanigan, but I think Tippett should be the choice. Everyone let me know your preference.

No comments: